What is your plan for surviving the big collapse that is coming?
In the manner customary to how we deal with topics on TSOP, I talk about the art and craft of planning as it applies to preparing for the stuff hitting the fan.
What is planning all about? What are the elements of a sound plan?
In this show I talk about including these important components in your plan:
- Your Goal: What is the "future state" that you want to achieve?
- Current State Assessment: How to analyze your current situation, and why it's important.
- Strategy: Of the basic alternatives you have, what "path" will you take to get from where you are to where you want to be?
- Assumptions: What are you assuming about the world during the execution of your plan. The most important assumption is when you think the stuff will hit the fan, and how bad it will be.
- Timing: What is the tempo, the pace of your plan? What are some intermediate milestones?
- Vulnerabilities and contingencies: What might happen to upset your plan, and how will you handle them? How does your strategy expose you to specific problems that you should guard against or plan to handle?
Throughout this show I use my own plan for TSHTF to give some concrete examples--not that your plan should be my plan, but to help you devise your own plan.
Just click on the title of the episode to start your PC's default media player (Windows Media, for most people). Or right-click on the title and download the file to your PC, and use any MP3-compatible player you like.