The quadrennial presidential circus is fully underway, and a lot of people, as usual, are caught up in it.
In this show I talk about why this election is a waste of your time and everyone else’s. And it’s actually worse than a waste of time, because it diverts our attention from the things that truly should have our attention.
Sure, the re-election of President Obama would be worse than electing almost anybody else, including the slate of remaining (or potential) Republican candidates. But only marginally worse.
The election won't matter much because:
- Both parties love big government.
- Both parties support the Patriot Act, and the National Defense Authorization Act.
- Neither party is going to end Social Security, Medicare, or the rest of the welfare state.
- Whoever is elected will have the barest majority, no mandate to slash the size and cost of government.
- The gap between government income and spending is too great, and spending is locked in BY LAW to increase over time.
- The President, even in the modern incarnation as "serially-elected monarch", can only do so much.
- The U.S. is an "ineptocracy".
- The "burning platform" is obvious to a small minority of people.
- We are in a generational phase of "screw your neighbor (before he screws you)."
- The problem is too big for a politically-driven system to solve.
Why would a President Romney, or a President Gingrich, President Santorum, or even President Ron Paul be extremely fortunate to simply halt the acceleration of the runaway train we're all riding? Find out in this episode.
And don't let the irrelevance of the election depress you. Get working on other priorities. Free yourself from the oxcart of dependency. Shrug out!
- - - - - - - -
Every year, people make predictions about what is going to happen.
But the timing of the collapse we're expecting is uncertain, so firm predictions of what will happen AND WHEN are perhaps foolhardy.
Events today are continuing inexorably on the direction towards eventual collapse. You should act accordingly.
You have a choice. You can accept the tax and debt slavery proferred to you today. Or you can attain more liberty and self-reliance by "shrugging out" of the chains that modern society works so hard to keep you from noticing.
The greatest thing about shrugging out is that it is not only a positive way of freeing yourself from the "Dependency Culture's" oxcart, but it is also the most effective means for you to protect yourself and your family from the collapse that is coming. Two birds with one stone: More of the liberty and self-reliance we are supposed to enjoy, and a measure of protection from the catastrophe that will alter the lives of billions of people.
What will happen to you in 2012 depends on you! Resolve today to become more free, more self-reliant.
You don't have to accept the cards you've been dealt. Shrug out!
- - - - - - - - - -
Just click on the title of the episode to start your PC's default media player (Windows Media, for most people). Or right-click on the title and download the file to your PC, and use any MP3-compatible player you like.