Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Episode 75. Self-Defense, Home Defense, and Firearms

I've only talked about firearms in one previous show, well over a year ago.

With things slowly starting to slide downhill, I thought now would be a good time to talk about self-defense and home defense, which in my view must incorporate, in the extreme, use of a firearm.

There is a lot to think about when considering how to prepare yourself to avoid violent encounters, and when that is not possible, how to survive violence directed towards you.

Home defense is a special case of self-defense, with a set of advantages and a few disadvantages.

Preparing yourself for self-defense, and for home defense, is a process of many steps, and only one of those is selecting and acquiring a firearm. But it is an important step, and I share what I've learned about that too.

I hope none of us ever has to defend ourselves using lethal force, but it is our right to do so, and something for which each of us should be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment