Monday, April 25, 2011

Episode 64. Atlas Shrugged, the movie

Back on the "air" again after a brief absence, and I have some explaining to do, I know.

I nearly lost my job a couple of Mondays ago when they blew up my department, but fortunately I managed to land on my feet and actually in a bigger and more important role than what I had before. But I have had a rough time and rougher schedule and I was simply unable to prepare and record a show in the time I had available.

Before talking about the main topic, we go over current events, why I think this is the eye of the storm, and I talk about lessons I think we can all learn from job loss, whether it actually happens or comes uncomfortably close.

I saw Atlas Shrugged, Part 1, the big-screen movie about the famous novel. In this show I describe the film, which is being panned by the critics, of course. Some of the critics hate various movie-making aspects of the film, but others simply hate individualism.

(There IS one fatal flaw that simply should never appear in a professionally made modern movie--listen to the show to find out what it is.)

To cut to the chase, two out of four stars. It could have been better, but it's still worth seeing, and it's great to finally have broken the Atlas Shrugged ice on the silver screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment