Sunday, August 1, 2010

Episode 30. People Are Waking Up


I almost lost my job this week, and I talk about what happened and how I managed to stay valuable and keep my job (for now) in spite of my position being eliminated (the other people in the same position are on the street, unfortunately).

I talk about how people are waking up to the crisis that is coming with America's unsustainable federal spending and levels of debt, and how this concern is becoming mainstream.

Three articles illustrate the situation:

- An editorial by "Terrible Ted", Ted Nugent, "It is us", which places the blame for the Obama regime and the latest epic tug on the ratchet of collectivism squarely on the American people. It is our job not to allow ourselves to become duped.

- An editorial by Niall Ferguson entitled "Sun could set suddenly on superpower as debt bites" about how history may well not be slow and cyclical, but may be arhythmic and sudden, and that the collapse of the US may come quickly.

- A thought piece by Paul Craig Roberts entitled, "The Year America Dissolved", which places our demise (and the takeover of control by local police-run clans) in the year 2017, a scant seven years from now.

Whatever is going to happen, we're reminded to stay valuable, stay flexible, and pay attention to what's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment