One half of Shrugging Out is reducing your contributions to the "Dependency Culture". The other half is about preparing yourself and your family for the crash. I focus more on the latter in this show, while making my way through a number of points, including:
- A brilliant post by "Redpoll" forwarded to me by a listener in response to a column by Bob Unruh entitled "Obama Has the U.S. Economy in a Death Spiral". Redpoll likens the incredibly widespread dependence on the government to drug dependency. Sound familiar?
- How is one of the two major tenets of the Shrugging Out philosophy--voluntarily shrinking your "co-dependency footprint"--being overtaken by another process?
- Why, depending on your situation, should you focus on the other major tenet of the Shrugging Out philosophy, preparing for the oncoming crash?
- What is one of the very best resources for preparing yourself and your family? (It's The Survival Podcast by Jack Spirko.)
- What are the basic preps any "Shrugger" should make?
- What scary new developments are happening in the world of gangs that you should be aware of?
- What are some of the things we can all look forward to after the crash, assuming we survive? (Tease--one of them comes from a July 4 Jay Leno "Man on the Street" segment.)
- What type of world that most of us are familiar with might return after the crash (stripped of Hollywood drama and nostalgia, of course)? And why is that actually important to you, in terms of what you should do to prepare?
Just click on the title of the episode to start your PC's default media player (Windows Media, for most people). Or right-click on the title and download the file to your PC, and use any MP3-compatible player you like.
You can also find The Shrugging Out Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher!
Get "The Shrugging Out Podcast" via iTunes!
Click hereto subscribe to the iTunes podcast.
Or copy this link into any feed reader you use: