Pete starts out by blasting Time columnist Joe Klein's charge that Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin's recent statements are seditious, or as the elitist Klein puts it, "rubbing up against it [sedition]". This makes Pete sing--literally--Sedition...Sedition!
Shrugging Out is all over the news!!!
- Reality-based New Jersey Governor Chris Christie provides mega-doses of reality to the temporarily-chastened boobs responsible for putting New Jersey into the deep hole it's in today.
- Thomas Sowell channels the "Shrugging Out Philosophy" by exploring the limits of power, citing how throughout history certain classes of slaves were actually paid, instead of forced to work.
- Michael Barone talks about "the battle between the culture of dependence and the culture of independence."
- Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI) explains why "it's not mathematically possible" to tax our way out of the impending fiscal crisis in America.
- Generational Dynamics guru John Xenakis describes the huge real estate bubble in China, and what's in store for everyone's darling economy.
- The US State Department jumps in on global warming as momentum builds for CO2 "cap and trade" legislation.
***NEW WITH THIS PODCAST*** The first ten minutes of the show are also available on YouTube, on the new "Shrugging Out" channel, recorded in the mobile studio via ShruggerCam! Check it out!
Just click on the title of the episode to start your PC's default media player (Windows Media, for most people). Or right-click on the title and download the file to your PC, and use any MP3-compatible player you like.
You can also find The Shrugging Out Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher!
Get "The Shrugging Out Podcast" via iTunes!
Click hereto subscribe to the iTunes podcast.
Or copy this link into any feed reader you use: